Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chicken Stew on a Cold Snowy Day

Today was a cold and snowy day in Baltimore. It was the perfect day to break out the crock pot and make a pot of chicken stew. Here's what I did.

Last night around 10:30 I took 1 1/2 chickens out of the freezer and put them in the crock pot. I put a can of diced tomatoes, 6 halved potatoes, a small bag of carrots cut in thirds, 1 cup of water and a half of a cup of cooking wine on top of it. I put the lid on the crock pot and put it on low setting. This morning the chicken was real tender. I took the chicken, potatoes and carrots out of the crock pot. I cut the potatoes in small chunks, cut the carrots in small chunks and took the bones out of the chicken and returned it all to the crock pot. I then added 1 can of peas, 1 can of corn and a can of green beans. I cooked it on low all day. It turned out real yummy!!!

I just noticed that Oliver was blogging today. I can't leave him alone for a minute without him getting into mischief!!!!! He's so cute - isn't he? I love him sooo much!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stew sounds good..stay warm

hot tamale said...

Im sitting here in my cold computer room with my empty bowl raising up(think Oliver) may I have some more please?
Wish I had a bowl, sounds yummy

Becky